FANDOM


  • The finale was great, Soos acheived his dream(s), the Stan twins finally reconciled, and most of the characters left behind in Gravity Falls are content.

    But there's so much left up in the air, it makes you (or at least me) wonder if there is supposed to be a sequel.

    • The Stan twins are investigating new weirdness.
    • Bill is now a statue that none of the characters have acknowledged.
    • It's a popular theory that Bill has threatened his return.
    • Blendin Blandin dissapeared.
    • Dipper and Mabel are supposed to return next summer.

    There wasn't an Epilogue of any kind, either. Craz and Xyler got one from a cypher in Escape From Reality, but it's in conflict with their reversal by Weirdmageddon.

    (Also, Dipper x Pacifica unresolved. Really hoped that would get more traction...)

    I love the show, and the possibility of it continuing is extremely tempting. Other shows have made the mistake of trying to come back for the same audience at a different age (*cough*Ben10*cough*), but Gravity Falls is exceptional is every way, shape, and form compared to every other cartoon, so maybe they could pull it off assuming that Alex Hirsch is the one leading it.

    TL;DR I don't feel wholey satisfied with the series ending, but that's only because it's so good it leaves me craving for more.

      Loading editor
    • I just wanna know what Alex is making for FOX.

        Loading editor
    • not satisfied unless it comes back

        Loading editor
    • apart from the Zodiac reveal being ultimately for nothing (the Time Baby anticlimax all over again) and the lack of Dipcifica, i thought it was a pretty good way to wrap up the show

        Loading editor
    • All in all, I'm very satisfied. This show was practically MADE for fan theories, and it's done it's job.

        Loading editor
    • it was a good show and i'm glad it happened, even if it was taken from us so soon

        Loading editor
    • I didn't like Take back the falls Gravity falls was good and then this episode ruened it.They promised that one characther was going to die no died dispite the fact that there were loads of foreshadowin for at least 3.I was saddned due to the fact that they did't go Dipcifica,and that the way to beat Bill(By swiching cloaths) was very predictable.The zodiac was reveled only become utterly useless.The only satesfing thing that happened was that there is a possibilllity that Bill can return for a spin-off or a secret surprise third season.

        Loading editor
    • Umbreon The Serial Killer wrote:
      I didn't like Take back the falls Gravity falls was good and then this episode ruened it.They promised that one characther was going to die no died dispite the fact that there were loads of foreshadowin for at least 3.I was saddned due to the fact that they did't go Dipcifica,and that the way to beat Bill(By swiching cloaths) was very predictable.The zodiac was reveled only become utterly useless.The only satesfing thing that happened was that there is a possibilllity that Bill can return for a spin-off or a secret surprise third season.

      yeah, all some very good points. plus, we never got to see an epic battle between Bill and the Time Baby.

        Loading editor
    • Umbreon The Serial Killer wrote:
      I didn't like Take back the falls Gravity falls was good and then this episode ruened it.They promised that one characther was going to die no died dispite the fact that there were loads of foreshadowin for at least 3.I was saddned due to the fact that they did't go Dipcifica,and that the way to beat Bill(By swiching cloaths) was very predictable.The zodiac was reveled only become utterly useless.The only satesfing thing that happened was that there is a possibilllity that Bill can return for a spin-off or a secret surprise third season.

      Well, I think the uselessness of the zodiac was pretty smart. Usually in stuff, the prophecy is the only way to do really anything. This was a nice twist. Plus, prophecy's gonna carry out sometime, so ROLL OUT THE FANFICS!

        Loading editor
    • I was disappointed that they never explained what the "force" was that kept Bill from escaping Gravity Falls during Weirdmageddon. Or maybe it's already explained in the journal, I don't know. Other than that, loved the finale, and loved the fact that they didn't use the cliche "prophecy" as a lazy way to kill Bill without any thought to it.

        Loading editor
    • No I'M ok with the whole prophecy is useless stuff(Read Warrors by Erin Hunter and you'll know why)

      But I'm disapionted that we were obsessed with it and it turned out utterly-pointless

        Loading editor
    • Teleworm99 wrote:
      I was disappointed that they never explained what the "force" was the kept Bill from escaping Gravity Falls during Weirdmageddon. Or maybe it's already explained in the journal, I don't know. Other than that, loved the finale, and loved the fact that they didn't use the cliche "prophecy" as a lazy way to kill Bill without any thought to it.

      I can't beleive I never noticed that. They completely glossed over it.

      Maybe whatever concentrates the weird there also prevented the Weirdmageddon from spreading.

        Loading editor
    • Valkryie247
      Valkryie247 removed this reply because:
      No cursing, dood. Sorry.
      04:42, October 25, 2016
      This reply has been removed
    • Cuss words are not allowed on this wiki

        Loading editor
    • Teleworm99 wrote:
      I was disappointed that they never explained what the "force" was that kept Bill from escaping Gravity Falls during Weirdmageddon. Or maybe it's already explained in the journal, I don't know. Other than that, loved the finale, and loved the fact that they didn't use the cliche "prophecy" as a lazy way to kill Bill without any thought to it.

      i respectfully disagree. i was annoyed that the zodiac mystery turned out to be entirely for nothing and instead they went with the way-too-predictable memory wipe solution

        Loading editor
    • Okay, the force is some natural attraction of weirdness that is supposedly caused by the UFO underground. It's an explaination of why these creatures can't be found but we hear of them EVERYWHERE. It's also an insult to disorders (polydactyly, PTSD, etc).

        Loading editor
    • I dislike all the episodes after ATOTS now because they feel rushed because of them turning season 3 into the second half of season 2. Dipper and Mabel don't apologize to each other about keeping the rift a secret and giving it away, the Zodiac was useless, Gideon's redemption felt rushed, Wendy was underused, no more Soos and Melody development, no more Pacifica development, not enogh Ford and Dipper bonding, no Ford and Mabel bond, rushed Stan and Ford arc, not a lot about Ford and Mcgucket and the Shapeshifter, Mabel didn't speak in Part 1, Blendin's end wasn't shown,Ford not saying goodbye to the twins, both twins not narrating the end etc.

        Loading editor
    • Wow.

      But yeah it does feel a bitrushed.

      I'll bet that Disney threathened Alex to wrap up Gravity Falls pretty soon or else....

        Loading editor
    • Umbreon The Serial Killer wrote:
      Wow.

      But yeah it does feel a bitrushed.

      I'll bet that Disney threathened Alex to wrap up Gravity Falls pretty soon or else....

      I heard it was Alex's choice because he was tired. Boo Hoo. I bet the people who made Game Of Thrones were tired after seasons 1 and 2. Yet they continued.

        Loading editor
    • I hate you Alex for concuisly eneding  the best show in the world.

      He should had continued anyways Gravity Falls still had so much to give.....and I bet that Fox is tried of the Simpsons but hey guess what they are still here after 20-something seasons!

        Loading editor
    • If they decide to do a sequel, I am interested with Stan and Ford adventure after the series or Dipper and Mabel return to Gf after few years and they found a whole new big mysteries. And I kinda wanted a story about what happened to ford inside the portal. I am agree the show was rushed in season 2, after A Tale of Two Stan I guess. They should have tell more about Stan Twins, ATOTS is not enough for me

        Loading editor
    • Agreeded

        Loading editor
    • If I were to be right, Gravity Falls could be the LAST great animated series by Disney before the....

        Loading editor
    • Before the what...?

      And yes Gravity Falls could be the last great animated show becuase take a look at whats airing on Disney XD

        Loading editor
    • Well,....before the....end of the world...perhaps,

        Loading editor
    • For we are living in the last days.

        Loading editor
    • Well this took a weird turn.

        Loading editor
    • Yes but that what happens during the Wierdmegadon

        Loading editor
    • SniperGuy1 wrote:
      The finale was great, Soos acheived his dream(s), the Stan twins finally reconciled, and most of the characters left behind in Gravity Falls are content.

      But there's so much left up in the air, it makes you (or at least me) wonder if there is supposed to be a sequel.

      • The Stan twins are investigating new weirdness.
      • Bill is now a statue that none of the characters have acknowledged.
      • It's a popular theory that Bill has threatened his return.
      • Blendin Blandin dissapeared.
      • Dipper and Mabel are supposed to return next summer.

      There wasn't an Epilogue of any kind, either. Craz and Xyler got one from a cypher in Escape From Reality, but it's in conflict with their reversal by Weirdmageddon.

      (Also, Dipper x Pacifica unresolved. Really hoped that would get more traction...)

      I love the show, and the possibility of it continuing is extremely tempting. Other shows have made the mistake of trying to come back for the same audience at a different age (*cough*Ben10*cough*), but Gravity Falls is exceptional is every way, shape, and form compared to every other cartoon, so maybe they could pull it off assuming that Alex Hirsch is the one leading it.

      TL;DR I don't feel wholey satisfied with the series ending, but that's only because it's so good it leaves me craving for more.

      I miss Gravity Falls so much!

        Loading editor
    • I'm pretty happy we didn't go far into Dipper Pacifica territory. Stan should've found true love though. Abuela, maybe?

        Loading editor
    • Wow, I can't believe I didn't see this before.

      I loved Gravity Falls as a whole, but I feel that the first ten episodes had a far higher quality than the others. The second half of Season 2, however, was great in its own right, even though it wasn't as good as the beginning of Season 1.

      I think that the Weirdmageddon arc was extremely weak. None of the three episodes was particularly good, and all but Part 1 were actively bad. Dipper gives up his apprenticeship with Ford for no real reason except to maintain a status quo (the show's ending, too. What's the point of trying to keep a status quo of any sort?), Stan has to learn to forgive Ford in the heat of the moment, etc. etc. forced cliches.

      And the way they defeat Bill is the most infuriating resolution of any show that I've seen. First, the clothes swap thing is cheating because their voices inexplicably switch, too. Second, we're supposed to put all this stock into a plan with the memory gun, which has hardly been explained to us, making the memory gun's a sort of get-out-of-jail free card to the writers, as it can work any way they want. And, the worst part, Stan getting his memory back after less than four minutes of screen time. Meaning that there was absolutely no sacrifice to defeating Bill whatsoever, even though a good portion of the episode talks about said non-sacrifice.

      If that's not enough ranting to you, I defer you to my further ranting.

        Loading editor
    • I agree with you though and though.

      The second half of Season 2 was too rushed after TOTS we had around 5-6 episodes before Wierdamegon.

      And during the Wierdamegon the stakes (At least in MY mind) weren't that high.

      Dispite all the foreshadowing we got for Stan,Soos and Dipper they didn't die (>:( )

      Bill died a cheap villian death, and the switching clothes thing was cheap, and predictable.

      We (At lest I ) spent over half-a-year arguing about who would die, the meaning of the zodiac,ect.

      It could have been excuted better...(At lest SU's fifth AND FINAL season  looks promising)

      Thankfully we still have fanfiction.



      Also hi Mr B Natural !

      It's nice to see you again!

        Loading editor
    • If I can exclude some episodes of the series, despite affecting continuity:

      • Season 1: 4, 6, 8, 11 (or change that Gideon giggling scenario)
      • Season 2: 1 (I hope that karaoke can use better song), 6, 16 (the plot is seemingly unrelated to Weirdmageddon at all, so perhaps it can be put earlier)

      Then others are perfect. The rest of other episodes are why that I am addicted to GF! Well, Hirsch stated the series as a summer adventure and he has no plan to expand the plot, so I am still sad about it ends so fast (being such popular but he decided to stop, and his next film working is completely unrelated).

        Loading editor
    • Gravity Falls was rushed. Weirdmaggedon was cliched. The ending was bad. That's all I have to say.

        Loading editor
    • I like writing "rhyming rants". They're fun.

        Loading editor
    • DipperPines28 wrote:
      Gravity Falls was rushed. Weirdmaggedon was cliched. The ending was bad. That's all I have to say

      1-The final episodes were a bit rushed.

      2-Lots of cliches were broken, and some were toatally predictable

      3-The ending was Bittersweet

      4-Good for you

        Loading editor
    • Everything after A Tale of Two Stans are rushed, even the author which is one of the most important person in GF didn't get a lot of screen times (beside the finale). It's just too many fillers and didn't give any room for more important plot and story. 

        Loading editor
    • Gcgckuy wrote:

      It's just too many fillers and didn't give any room for more important plot and story. 

      Too many fillers? Whaaat? There's only one true filler episode of Gravity Falls. It's "Roadside attraction"

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, Roadside Attractions the only true filler.But I agree they could have given us a few more episodes centering on the author,bill ect ect.

        Loading editor
    • Anyway, Alex wrote the ending as of 2015, and it seems like he will only release some books, merchandise and etc...

        Loading editor
    • Oh well, at least we have Fanfiction

        Loading editor
    • Umbreon The Serial Killer wrote:
      Oh well, at least we have Fanfiction

      Is there a wiki for this? (If so can I see the link)

        Loading editor
    • Various wikis.But they are all abandoned and one even has Dipper goes to taco-bell.

      The only place where I have found decent fanfics is at Fanfiction net

        Loading editor
    • Anonymous girl 123 wrote:

      Gcgckuy wrote:

      It's just too many fillers and didn't give any room for more important plot and story. 

      Too many fillers? Whaaat? There's only one true filler episode of Gravity Falls. It's "Roadside attraction"

      What I mean is, (yes I agree Roadside Attracton is completely a filler. ) a lot of the plot is used for a unimportant things

      For example: DDAMD, Ford and Dipper could have did something more important than playing games like discussing about the journals or something else more important to the GF plot.. The only important plot from that episode is the beginning and the ending.

        Loading editor
    • But it's something.

      We can't have action and inportant revelations every second can we?

      The show had it's own pace.

      Which gradually biuilt up suspense and tension.

        Loading editor
    • Umbreon The Serial Killer wrote:
      But it's something.

      We can't have action and inportant revelations every second can we?

      The show had it's own pace.

      Which gradually biuilt up suspense and tension.

      Agreed.

        Loading editor
    • Umbreon The Serial Killer wrote: Yeah, Roadside Attractions the only true filler.But I agree they could have given us a few more episodes centering on the author,bill ect ect.

      Would've loved that.

        Loading editor
    • I think we already too many unimportant plot of GF in season 1, even Alex regret that. Season 1 is more like a character development season and introducing a lot of GF weirdness and weird characters that some of them useful in future event. Yeah, not all episode is competely a filler because some episode have a interesting information in one scene. 

      But still, I think 5 episodes gap between ATOTS and Weirdmageddon should have used for more important infomation instead fillers or unimportant plot story. Atleast we can end GF with less unanswered question. 

        Loading editor
    • I’ll be satisfied if GF comes back or if they like make a show like it.

        Loading editor
    • İ will just dance if season 3 comes out.

        Loading editor
    • A series following everyone in multiple subplots (i.e. Stanley and Stanford, Dipper and Mable, ect.) would be pretty fun, but something that would agreeably ruin it is if they oriented it towards a different audience, and what I mean by that is how, for example, after Teen Titans ended, they 'brought it back', except as a goofy little kid oriented show with no full plot or overlapping story, or true story at all, and many contradictory elements that make it not able to have many of the episodes work in tangent with each other. Plus they threw out the previous tone and look of the Teen Titans, all making up Teen Titans GO. If they brought back the series like that it would lose practically all its true and dedicated viewers who watched it for its story and deeper secrets as much for its entertainment value. I think everyone here can agree that if they brought back the show, it would pretty much HAVE to be with the same animation style, mood, depth and everything or else it would practically make it completely separated from the original Gravity Falls!



      (huff...huff......)



      (that rant took it outta me...jeez)

        Loading editor
    • GameReadyWes wrote:
      after Teen Titans ended, they 'brought it back', except as a goofy little kid oriented show with no full plot or overlapping story, or true story at all, and many contradictory elements that make it not able to have many of the episodes work in tangent with each other. Plus they threw out the previous tone and look of the Teen Titans, all making up Teen Titans GO.

      Yeah, that's called a "spin-off". I just... don't get why people even bother comparing GO and Teen Titans 2003. They're completely different shows belonging to different genres. Let me reiterate your argument with substitute series and you tell me how much sense these make:

      after RWBY ended, they 'brought it back', except as a goofy little kid oriented show with no full plot or overlapping story, or true story at all, and many contradictory elements that make it not able to have many of the episodes work in tangent with each other. Plus they threw out the previous tone and look of the RWBY, all making up RWBY Chibi.
      after Naruto ended, they 'brought it back', except as a goofy little kid oriented show with no full plot or overlapping story, or true story at all, and many contradictory elements that make it not able to have many of the episodes work in tangent with each other. Plus they threw out the previous tone and look of the Naruto, all making up Rock Lee and His Ninja Pals.
        Loading editor
    • An anonymous contributor
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.

Fandom may earn an affiliate commission on sales made from links on this page.

Stream the best stories.

Fandom may earn an affiliate commission on sales made from links on this page.

Get Disney+