|Content posted on this page is to only be about improving the article itself.|
For all other types of discussion, please post them in the forums.
I feel you are sort of right, so I put rename template on it.
I heard something about Dipper's Guide to the Unexplained not being the only short series, but I think you should rename it until I am proven right or wrong. Zeoj99 (talk) 03:03, October 20, 2013 (UTC)
- Support — 16:06, October 20, 2013 (UTC)
- Oppose — If we change this that would mean in The Hide Behind the "Next" section would have to be changed "N/A." Furthermore, this would mean we would need to change this page too Shorts/Transcript. Don't know about you but "Dipper's Guide to the Unexplained/Transcript" has a bit of a bad ring to it. Finally, why not just keep is like this if there are more Shorts we can just add more sub sections. Instead of more pages.
P.S. the Transcript template doesn't even work for each individual short page so the only way I see it is that we put a link to it on the bottom of each short or on the bottom of this page.Topdarlingwh (talk) 17:05, October 20, 2013 (UTC)
- Support —If it's not the only string of shorts, then the other strings should have their own pages. 21:49, October 21, 2013 (UTC) —Preceding unsigned comment added by Olssonk (wall • contribs)
- Support —Just calling this "shorts" is a little too ambiguous for an already defined series, this article does not need info from other shorts as it would make it harder for newcomers to navigate, Dipper's Guide to the Unexplained would overshadow the other shorts in it.
Besides, who's to say this will be the last of Dipper's Guide to the Unexplained? With an already defined Halloween special, and Gravity Falls Season 2 coming up, it is likely that this will continue for next Halloween. In the case they put up another series of shorts that would mean we would have to accomodate all of them here and, again, will make up for poor navigation. If that was the case that other series of shorts deserves its own Wiki article as well and the shorts site would be open to links to those series PLUS other standalone shorts that could pop up. Frostare (talk) 17:46, October 24, 2013 (UTC)
- Support —I'd also like to change it to Dipper's Guide to the Unexplained. If it comes back, it will probably keep the same name. But if it comes out again with a different name, then we should change the name to "Shorts" again, and have subheadings for each week of shorts (ex. one subheading for Dipper's Guide to the Unexplained, another subheading for the next set of shorts, etc).Superluigi6 (talk) 15:03, October 27, 2013 (UTC)
- Support — I agree as well, this would allow this particular set of shorts to be distinguished from other shorts that may or may not be planned in the future. Given the success of these shorts with the fandom, I couldn't see why they wouldn't make more shorts in the future. Besides, they are all given that name at the beginning of each one by Dipper's cue card. It also sounds a bit more relevant to the show than a generic name like "Shorts".Liftboard Rider (talk) 01:13, November 8, 2013 (UTC)
Sure looks like it!
- Support — Like what they said, I agree with ot because this will fit.
That other thread talks about keeping the names of the episodes' shorts; it has little to do with the topic at hand, which is about the name of the shorts as a whole. By the way, that other topic was resolved perfectly, there wasn't really a need for that, but these shorts are already labeled by the Disney Channel promos, making them official. --Frostare (talk) 03:17, November 17, 2013 (UTC)
Look It's staying shorts! Man I was right wow thanks Frostare... -_-! Man I was totally right :/ Great! now we got to change all those re-direct link! Thanks a lot! Topdarlingwh (talk) 04:18, December 27, 2013 (UTC)
Hahahaha... oh man I didn't even notice this, insecure much? Hahaha, or was that just a very good joke? Either way, unless that was sarcasm... you're welcome! thanks for the laughs! Alright now, if we're gonna fit all the shorts here we need to know the name of Mabel's.=D Frostare (talk) 04:02, January 8, 2014 (UTC)
Dipper's Guide To The Unexplained Anomolies
I've been thinking about creating a page that described all anomolies on the Shorts. What do you think? This guy 01:34, October 19, 2013 (UTC)
I think this image got another set of puzzles that we can solve
like the 01100010100... on the left sde can be consaider as an binary code. But the number is incomplete to decode it. Does anyone have the picture without the "X" and on the right side I think it a math problem showing something.
that picture have a lot of stuff that need to solve. really. Can anyone explain?
And also the code "FROM THE FIRST UNTIL THE LAST SEARCH THE CODES OF CREDITS PAST ONE MEANS ONE SO SEARCH THEM ALL WELCOME TO GRAVITY FALLS." I think all the the previous codes/Cryptograms in all the credit scene in episode one is still a puzzle that you can unscramble all the words from each and every cryptograms to make a new sentences. and maybe a very surprising one also. Jomarcenter (talk) 09:09, October 21, 2013 (UTC)
Mabel's Album of Memories
I think that the Album of Memories should be under "Mabel's Guide to Life" because 1. It follows the naming pattern of the other "Mabel" shorts (Mabel's x) and 2. there were six shorts in DGU, so there are probably 6 in MGL. What do you think?Olsson; I take care of the place while the MASter is away 00:28, January 24, 2014 (UTC)
- No, the Album of Memories is part of the same run of shorts as the Unnamed short . It should be left alone for now. 03:20, January 24, 2014 (UTC)
Dipper's Guide to the Unexpected: "That Thing"
I found a short.
Also, when some cards go flip, Bill Cipher appears in the card.
RdHeaven 12:10, December 10, 2015 (UTC)