Tad Strange is first seen in "The Stanchurian Candidate," after Soos tells Mabel and Dipper that he's ironically the most normal person in Gravity Falls. Tad agrees. He later appears on Main Street complimenting Stan along with other people.
In "Weirdmageddon 3: Take Back The Falls," Tad is seen emerging from the pile of people after Dipper and Mabel dismantle Bill's throne. He nonchalantly remarks that the experience will scar him forever.
Unlike the rest of the Gravity Falls residents, Tad Strange is a completely normal guy who likes to keep a low profile, with nothing suspicious or strange about him whatsoever. He seems comfortable around people not as normal as he is, and appears friendly. The three things about him that are not normal is that he sometimes refers to himself in the third person, he says that he likes bread randomly, and the fact that he's not weird.
Tad has carefully combed black hair, eyebrows and eyes, and wears a typical business uniform with a white shirt, black tie, dark grey pants, a black belt with a silver buckle, and a light grey buckled brown belt. He also wears black shoes.
- 214. "The Stanchurian Candidate"
- 219. "Weirdmageddon 2: Escape From Reality" (no lines)
- 220. "Weirdmageddon 3: Take Back The Falls"
"And I love bread!"
"This experience will forever scar Tad Strange."
- Prior to Tad's official appearance, voice actor Cecil Baldwin added his role of Tad Strange on his acting resume, but at that time it was unknown who Tad was. However, during the Bill Cipher AMA (Alex Hirsch in character as Bill Cipher), a question was asked about Tad Strange's identity, and the reply was, "Tad's a real square". Due to this comment and due to Tad Strange's slightly odd name, many fans (before Tad's debut) assumed that Tad Strange was the name of a square-shaped dream demon (e.g. a blue or purple square in a bowler hat, for example) like Bill Cipher (a yellow triangle in a top hat). However, Tad Strange turned out to be a regular human person and one-off gag character.
- Tad is single.
- The phrases "low profile" and "perfectly normal" are both written on his business card.
- Tad was originally supposed to make an appearance in "Weirdmageddon Part 1" being turned in to stone but the scene was cut due to time restrictions.
Click here to view this page's gallery.