Robert "Robbie" Stacey Valentino (born c. 1995) is a sarcastic, arrogant teenager. He is Wendy's ex-boyfriend and Dipper's primary rival for her affections, until the couple's breakup. He is currently dating Tambry. He is the eponymous lead guitarist in his band Robbie V. and the Tombstones. He is represented by the stitched heart on the Zodiac.
- 1 History
- 2 Personality
- 3 Appearance
- 4 Relationships
- 5 Sightings
- 6 Quotes
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Gallery
- 9 References
- 10 Site navigation
Season 1Robbie is first seen in a picture on Dipper's suspects board in the episode, "Headhunters".
He makes his first physical appearance in "The Inconveniencing," driving up with Wendy's other friends to pick her up from the Mystery Shack. He boasts to Dipper about spray painting an explosion onto the water tower. When Dipper points out that the graffiti looks more like a giant muffin than an explosion (and Robbie's friends agree), Robbie glares at him. Robbie takes the passenger seat on the ride to the Dusk 2 Dawn convenience store, pushing aside Dipper and saying that he always rides shotgun. During the group's stay at the store, he acts very condescending towards Dipper. He makes fun of Dipper when he hesitates to jump the fence and doesn't think Dipper can get them inside the store when his own efforts to open the door prove to be pointless. Once Dipper smartly opens the door and gets the kids inside, he's seen partying with the rest of them. When the ghosts attack, he and Wendy the only teenagers not to be taken. However, he does not observe Dipper performing the Lamby Lamby Dance to save the group, suggesting during the store's flip he was knocked unconscious behind a large object due to his fall.Robbie then appears in "Double Dipper," at the Mystery Shack party hanging out with Wendy. He ignores Dipper and shows Wendy his new guitar. Seeing him as an obstacle between him getting to dance with Wendy, Dipper and his clones lure Robbie away from the party by stealing his bike. However, at the end of the episode, Robbie comes back and chats with Wendy, ruining Dipper's plan. Robbie starts dating Wendy in "The Time Traveler's Pig," which sets up the plot for Dipper to start time traveling to prevent it. After countless failures and doing the mathematics, Dipper finally finds an alternate reality where he successfully wins Wendy a stuffed animal, causing Robbie to become jealous and walk away, pretending to not care. However, when Mabel's rival, Pacifica, wins Mabel's pet pig, Dipper decides to time travel back again after he realizes he'll break Mabel's heart if he doesn't. At the same time, this causes Robbie to be dating Wendy again. He is then humiliated when Mabel's pig, Waddles, scares him into backing into a tub of hot water, causing his skinny jeans to shrink. In "Fight Fighters," Robbie becomes Wendy's official boyfriend. While putting up the flyers for his band, Robbie notices Dipper's crush on Wendy and he tries to call Wendy to tell her Dipper's secret. However, Dipper breaks Robbie's phone to prevent this from happening, causing Robbie to challenge Dipper to a fight at 3:00 in Circle Park. When Dipper unleashes Rumble McSkirmish from an arcade game, Dipper uses Rumble as a bodyguard to scare off Robbie and put a stop to the fight. When Rumble encounters Robbie, he nearly kills him because he thinks that he killed Dipper's father. Dipper tries to stop Rumble from seriously injuring Robbie and he successfully does so by facing Rumble in a battle. After Rumble had been taken care of, Robbie was about to punch Dipper, when suddenly he decides not to fight him and the two agree to hate each other in silence, rather than to physically show their anger, lest they both lose Wendy for it.
It is later revealed in "Society of the Blind Eye," that shortly after these events Robbie had his memory erased by the Blind Eye Society so that he would forget the entire Rumble McSkirmish incident.Robbie is seen again in "Summerween," visiting the Mystery Shack with Wendy. The two inform Dipper of a party later that evening (though Robbie doesn't seem very enthusiastic about telling him). Robbie seems extra moody in this episode; he spends most of his screen-time talking down to Dipper and is even punched in the arm by Wendy because of it. At the end of the episode, Wendy mentions him again; Robbie had to leave the party early because he swallowed a lollipop stick-first and got sick. In "Boyz Crazy," Robbie didn't show for a date he had planned with Wendy, then comes into the Shack the next day and asks if she'd like to go to Lookout Point with him, to which she reacts angrily. She begins talking about breaking up with him, and, panicked, he takes out a CD of a song he claims to have written just for her, and plays it for her. She is willing to go with him after this and is happy. Dipper, however, is suspicious and ends up finding a hidden message in the song and playing it for Wendy and Robbie on their date. Robbie immediately tells Wendy that he had no idea that message was there and tries to say he ripped the song off from the other band anyways, thinking that will fix the problem. Instead, she becomes even more furious that Robbie gave her a song that was ripped off since he told her that he created the song for her, and she breaks up with him on the spot causing Robbie to become hurt.
In "Gideon Rises," he unsuccessfully tries to win Wendy's heart back again and still appears to love Wendy. Wendy doesn't return his feelings; she walks away, and Robbie chases after her.
Wendy receives a text from him in "Into the Bunker," and tells Dipper he is still not over their breakup, and that he is constantly sending her messages (which she cannot understand, like a "winky frown"), much to her annoyance. Throughout the episode, Dipper hesitates to reveal his crush on Wendy to her due to her dislike for him after their relationship's end. He is also briefly seen on Wendy’s Phone in this episode.
In "Blendin's Game," Robbie is seen at Big Gunz Laser Tag, shooting at Soos. When Dipper and Mabel travel ten years into the past, a young Robbie is seen firing at Thompson with a water pistol, as well as squirting Dipper and Mabel, calling them "dorks." While hiding behind a tree, Lolph shoots the tree thinking he was someone else, making little Robbie cry and run away.In "The Love God," Robbie is first seen obsessing over his past relationship with Wendy in an open grave. When Wendy tells Robbie to get over her and move on, he gets quite upset. Mabel proceeds to try and fix Robbie's broken heart, discovering that Tambry would be the best suitor for Robbie's personality. Mabel then sets up a date between them by telling him and Tambry to meet their "secret admirer" at Greasy's Diner, but both of them become frustrated at each other, with Robbie claiming that if he liked her, he would have asked her out ages ago, and the date is a disaster. However, after Mabel uses the Love God's matchmaking potion on their food, Robbie becomes attracted to Tambry, and vice versa and they start a relationship. Later on, he is seen walking through the Woodstick festival with her, and shortly afterwards is seen sitting on a blanket with Tambry watching the show. After an unsuccessful attempt by Mabel to break the two of them apart with another one of the Love God's spells, Robbie makes up with Wendy and stays in a relationship with Tambry after the episode.
In "Weirdmageddon Part 1," he is mentioned by Wendy when she explains to Dipper that during the events of Weirdmageddon, Bill's forces managed to capture Robbie, Nate, Lee, Tambry, and Thompson. Though Robbie almost escaped, he had to pause to take a selfie and ended up getting petrified.
In "Weirdmageddon 3: Take Back The Falls," he is rescued by the squad from the Shacktron that pulls Mayor Tyler out of the chair. He falls from the chair, along with many other characters, including Lazy Susan and Tad Strange. After that, he is revealed to be one of the people on the Zodiac. When Wendy pushes him on, she claims he's been wearing his hoodie since seventh grade, which Robbie then proclaims to be a "destiny hoodie." He was then turned into a tapestry after Bill snapped his fingers. Following Bill's defeat, he was turned back to normal. He was then seen at Dipper and Mabel's thirteenth birthday party, cheering them for fully being one of them. He then signed his name on Wendy's "See you next summer" note and also drew a skull next to name.
Robbie has shaggy black hair in a typical eye-covering "emo style" hairdo, pale skin and several piercings in his ears. He is 5'11" tall. He usually wears tight skinny jeans with a keychain attached to the pocket, and a light black hoodie with a picture of a red bleeding heart with stitches on it--which in fact can be purchased at the Edgy On Purpose clothing store, along with black fingerless gloves. This hoodie eventually becomes what distincts him on the Bill Cipher Zodiac, Robbie later calls it the "Destiny Hoodie." He has also been seen with a black guitar strapped to his back on occasion. He has black flat shoes with white bottoms. He has a sparse stubble (two strands of small hairs) on his chin, and a few pimples scattered around his face. Like some other characters on the show, he has a light pink nose, which is longer than most.
Greg and Janice Valentino (Robbie's parents) deeply care for Robbie, he prefers to distance himself from them due to their overly optimistic temperaments, which he believes to be an odd trait for people constantly dealing with funerals on a daily basis. They seem to baby their son, as evidenced by the face drawn on his spaghetti, and are oblivious to his gloomy personality.
- 103. "Headhunters" (pictured)
- 105. "The Inconveniencing"
- 107. "Double Dipper"
- 109. "The Time Traveler's Pig"
- 110. "Fight Fighters"
- 112. "Summerween"
- 117. "Boyz Crazy"
- 120. "Gideon Rises"
- 202. "Into the Bunker" (no lines)
- 203. "The Golf War" (no lines)
- 207. "Society of the Blind Eye"
- 208. "Blendin's Game"
- 209. "The Love God"
- 210. "Northwest Mansion Mystery" (no lines)
- 214. "The Stanchurian Candidate"
- 215. "The Last Mabelcorn" (pictured)
- 217. "Dipper and Mabel vs. the Future"
- 218. "Weirdmageddon Part 1" (mentioned)
- 219. "Weirdmageddon 2: Escape From Reality" (no lines)
- 220. "Weirdmageddon 3: Take Back The Falls"
Yeah, I'm the one who spray-painted the water tower.Robbie Valentino
My pants! They're shrinking!Robbie Valentino
Uh, it's eye paint for men.Robbie's excuse for wearing mascara
Later dorks, catch you on the rewind! I made that up.Robbie Valentino
Take me back, Wendy! My arms are too skinny to keep holding this boom box forever!Robbie when playing music for Wendy
- The name "Robbie" is an abbreviation of "Robert," which means "shining, bright." This may have been done for irony due to him being angry all the time.
- The stitched heart logo on his jacket appears in the opening song "Gravity Falls Main Title Theme" on a photo of a page of the journal that has to be freeze framed to see along with other symbols supposedly associated with other characters.
- Robbie's band is called Robbie V. and the Tombstones.
- Robbie was in Dipper's list of unhappy suspects in "Headhunters."
- Similar "Explosion Muffins" to the one that Robbie spray painted on the water tower appear throughout the show in various backgrounds, most noticeably in the enclosure around the water tower.
- In "The Inconveniencing" when the group is attacked by ghosts, it seems that Robbie slips away from the chaos and returns later untouched. Unlike the rest of the teenagers (excluding Wendy) who were trapped in either hot dog displays, cereal boxes, television sets, or video games, nothing happens to him, despite making a sarcastic remark just before Lee does the same. Lee is then trapped in the artwork on a cereal box, but Robbie is ignored.
- He lied to Wendy and told her he had fought a bear.
- He secretly makes anime-style drawings.
- In "Blendin's Game," on the Gleeful's Auto Sale poster, there is graffiti the bottom right of which says "RV wuz here." This is seen just as Robbie chases Thompson with a water gun, so Robbie has known Thompson for at least 10 years.
- He has had his hoodie since the 7th grade as revealed in "Weirdmageddon 3: Take Back The Falls."
- Robbie met Wendy at a fifth-grade birthday party. He pulled her pigtails and she punched him in the face, chipping his tooth. He remembers this but she doesn't.
Click here to view this page's gallery.
- "The Love God." Josh Weinstein, Alex Hirsch (writers) & Sunil Hall (director). Disney XD. November 26, 2014. No. 9, season 2.
- "Boyz Crazy." Matt Chapman, Alex Hirsch (writers) & John Aoshima (director). Gravity Falls. Disney Channel. April 19, 2013. No. 17, season 1}
- "Summerween." Zach Paez, Michael Rianda, Alex Hirsch (writers) & John Aoshima (director). Gravity Falls. Disney Channel. October 5, 2012. No. 12, season 1
- "Fight Fighters." Zach Paez, Alex Hirsch (writers) & John Aoshima (director). Gravity Falls. Disney Channel. September 14, 2012. No. 10, season 1
- "Double Dipper." Tim McKeon, Michael Rianda, Alex Hirsch (writers) & Joe Pitt, Aaron Springer (directors). Gravity Falls. Disney Channel. August 10, 2012. No. 7, season 1
- ""The Inconveniencing." Michael Rianda, Aaron Springer (writers), Joe Pitt (director). Gravity Falls. Disney Channel. July 13, 2012. No. 5, season 1
- "Blendin's Game." Jeff Rowe, Alex Hirsch (writers) & Matt Braly (director). Disney XD. November 10, 2014. No. 8, season 2.
- "The Time Traveler's Pig." Aury Wallington, Alex Hirsch (writers) & Joe Pitt, Aaron Springer (directors). Gravity Falls. Disney Channel. August 24, 2012. No. 9, season 1
- I am Alex Hirsch, creator of Gravity Falls. Ask me anything!. Reddit (August 16, 2013).
- "Gideon Rises." Matt Chapman, Michael Rianda, Alex Hirsch (writers) & John Aoshima, Joe Pitt (directors). Gravity Falls. Disney Channel. August 2, 2013. No. 20, season 1
- Dipper's and Mabel's Guide to Mystery and Nonstop Fun! by Disney Book Group. October 7, 2014. Published by Disney Press. ISBN: 978-1484710807.
- I am Alex Hirsch, creator of Gravity Falls. Ask me anything!. Reddit (August 16, 2013).