Grunkle Stan takes the kids with him on a road-trip to sabotage all the other tourist traps in Oregon.
The episode begins with everyone packing up their belongings into an RV. Stan announces that the crew of the Mystery Shack is going on a road trip across Oregon to visit all of the other tourist traps that are there. Every year, they all prank him, and this year, Stan's making sure he gets his revenge. Stan, Dipper, Mabel, Soos, Candy, and Grenda are all heading on the trip.
Mabel has packed everything, including a box labeled "DO NOT TOUCH." It spills over the ground, revealing numerous photos of Wendy. Dipper scoops them up, and everyone tells him that he should really get over Wendy, and that this road trip is a good chance to move on and meet other people. Dipper agrees, and the RV is off.
Their first stop is Granny Sweetkin's Yarnball, its attractions include the world's biggest yarnball, and the world's biggest knitting needles. They unravel the ball of yarn.
Their second stop is Upside-Down Town, and its attraction is a house that is upside-down. They turn it right-side up. Inside, Dipper meets Emma Sue and later she gave Dipper her email.
Their third stop is Log Land. Stan releases a beaver to destroy it.
Their fourth stop is a Corn Maze. Stan sabotages the maze by releasing corn weevils. Soos ends up getting stuck in a corn maze.
They stay overnight at Septic Ridge RV Park. In the hot tub, Stan tells Dipper some stories from his past (about him and girls) while Mabel, Candy and Grenda sit around a campfire eating marshmallows and playing Truth, Dare, or Don't.
Their final stop is Mystery Mountain. On the way, Mabel and Grenda trying to get Dipper and Candy together. Mabel tells Stan that she will get car sick at the back and she wants to sit at the front and Grenda questions if she can she took two seats and Stan lets them.
When Dipper questions Stan about his methods of getting girls at Mystery Mountain, Stan demonstrates on a ticket booth worker named Darlene. They end up going out on a date at Widow's Peak. Dipper and Candy go to the Mummy Town, U.S.A, where three of the girls that gave Dipper their phone numbers and email find him. They ask him to choose which one he likes, pressuring Dipper to confess that he didn't like any of them and that he was just trying to learn how to talk to girls. They all storm off, including Candy, leaving Dipper alone.
Meanwhile, Stan and Darlene are at an unnamed spider attraction, where Darlene turns into a spider and kidnaps Stan. When Dipper finds out about this, he alerts Mabel, Grenda and Candy. They only come once he tells them that it was Stan he was talking about. We jump to Stan, who is in webbing and hoping for help. When Darlene goes into full spider and gets a drink, Dipper, Mabel, Grenda and Candy untie Stan and run.
Unfortunately, they go into the slowest moving sky tram in the world, the Trambience, letting the spider onto the vehicle. Once Candy figures out a way to get out, they do it and they are saved and Darlene gets crushed by a statue. Stan almost helps Darlene but gets stopped. They leave the unpranked Mystery Mountain and go home to a pranked mystery shack, being pranked by the owners of the other tourist traps. Upside-Down Town graffitied "You stink" upside-down, and flipped the gift shop sign upside-down. Granny Sweetkins graffitied "Stan is a butt" and "Granny Sweetkins says eat it Pines!" and threw yarn across the roof. The Corn Maze filled the Mystery Shack with corn, and a worker wearing a corn suit smashed one of the headlights of the RV with a bat.
- Written by:
- Directed by:
- Storyboarded by:
- With the Voice Talents of
- Additional voices
- Casting by:
- Candy is in the sixth grade. Though it is unspecified as to whether this means she is going into sixth or seventh grade in the fall.
- Stan has hair on his shoulders.
- Stan has considered being a comedian.
- Soos' grandmother told him that if he ever got lost, to stay still.
- Stan Pines was married to a woman named Marilyn, who divorced him after only six hours.
- Soos was duct taped to the ceiling for 78 hours last summer.
- As established in "Dungeons, Dungeons, and More Dungeons" and "The Last Mabelcorn," Dipper hasn't gotten over his crush on Wendy.
- The letter Dipper intended to give to Wendy in "Into the Bunker" is in his Do Not Touch box along with pictures of Wendy.
- On Stan's map of tourist attractions around Oregon, the Tent of Telepathy is crossed off as it is no longer a tourist attraction as of Li'l Gideon being arrested.
- Old Goldie is mentioned in the episode's end page cryptogram who was introduced in Soos and the Real Girl
- Carla McCorkle is mentioned again as a previous love interest of Stanley Pines.
- Mabel tries to get Candy and Dipper together. In "The Love God" Mabel put figurines of Candy and Dipper next to each other in her category "Future Matches?"
- On Stan's map of tourist attractions in Oregon, there is Ye Royal Discount Putt Hutt, seen in "The Golf War", and the Petting Zoo, seen in "Mabel's Scrapbook: Petting Zoo."
- This episode was a continuity-free one-off.
- On the side of Stan's map of the tourist traps, there is a box with text in it which reads "Oregon is known for its natural beauty, but, lets be honest guys, trees get boring after a while.
"That's why man created tourist traps. There's a really big shoe, for example. And the yarn ball is neat. I haven't been there but I've heard good things."
- A cartoon version of Alex Hirsch can be seen riding the Trambience.
- Stan's ex-wife, Marilyn, is mentioned in the episode's cryptogram, but was actually supposed to first be mentioned in "Dreamscaperers." In a production art shot of a hallway in Stan's mindscape there is a cryptogram that reads "EWTUG AQW OCTKNAP." Once decoded using a "two letters back Caesar cipher," it reads "CURSE YOU MARILYN." However, in the actual episode, this message is edited out.
- The cryptogram in the episode's end page is 21-23-6-12-23 11-21-21-9-6-13-12-19 6-19-4-3-6-10-19-20 23-12-12 16-15-5 18-12-9-1-19-6-5, 11-23-6-15-12-23-10 20-15-2-9-6-21-19-20 16-15-11 23-18-4-19-6 9-10-12-25 5-15-26 16-9-3-6-5, 22-19-23-4-6-15-21-19 5-12-23-8-8-19-20 16-15-11 18-9-6 22-19-15-10-17 23 21-23-20, 9-12-20 17-9-12-20-15-19’5 4-16-19 22-19-5-4 17-15-6-12-18-6-15-19-10-20 5-4-23-10 19-2-19-6 16-23-20. which, when decoded using the combined cipher, reads: CARLA MCCORKLE RETURNED ALL HIS FLOWERS, MARILYN DIVORCED HIM AFTER ONLY SIX HOURS, BEATRICE SLAPPED HIM FOR BEING A CAD, OLD GOLDIE’S THE BEST GIRLFRIEND STAN EVER HAD.
- During the end credits of this episode, there is a cryptogram that reads "VCDH, PZNS P CSSOS VDPUHB GTXILSKTV, VYSCIYROZN USLQR WXW NDM WDQVZOGS, EEG PTUVZHBSTH R WOAZMEJ PJAPURU PCH JDGHN GRW OADRX WVT LEP." Once decoded using the Vignère key DOPPER, it reads SOOS, LIKE A NOBLE GOLDEN RETRIEVER, EVENTUALLY FOUND HIS WAY HOMEWARD, AND BEFRIENDED A TALKING BULLDOG AND SASSY CAT ALONG THE WAY.
Click here to view this page's gallery.