"Northwest Mansion Mystery", also listed as "Northwest Mansion Noir", is the tenth episode in the second season of Gravity Falls, and the 30th episode overall. It premiered on February 16, 2015.
After the Northwests discover a ghost haunting their mansion, Preston Northwest tells Pacifica to hire Dipper to exorcise the ghost from their mansion before their fancy party. In exchange for agreeing to help out Pacifica, Dipper asks for 3 tickets to her fancy party, for Mabel, Candy and Grenda. Dipper consults his Journal for guidance, but the only advice he can find is a suggestion to "beg for mercy." Dipper quickly traps the ghost, but soon learns that the ghost, that of a lumberjack who was killed by a mudslide that was a result of the Northwest Manor's construction, was promised attendance to the Northwests' fancy party (when he was alive). He tricks Dipper into accidentally releasing him, and goes back to haunting the party. The ghost brings the taxidermy animals to life, attacking the party-goers, and he turns all the attendees to wood, Dipper included. In order to break the curse, Pacifica opens the gates to let the regular townsfolk to enter." Also McGucket tells Dipper that he fixed the laptop and that something big is coming. Also their is a banner with people hailing Bill Cipher
- Written by:
- Directed by:
- Storyboarded by:
- With the Voice Talents of:
- Kristen Schaal as Mabel Pines
- Jason Ritter as Dipper Pines
- Alex Hirsch as Stan Pines and Soos Ramirez (credit only)
- Brad Abrell as Agent Trigger
- Jackie Buscarino as Pacifica Northwest
- Matt Chapman as Marius
- Jennifer Coolidge as Lazy Susan
- Jessica DiCicco as Tambry
- Carl Faruolo as Grenda
- Keith Ferguson as Deputy Durland
- Nathan Fillion as Preston Northwest
- Will Forte as Cute Biker
- Nick Offerman as Agent Powers
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Sheriff Blubs/Ghost
- Gregg Turkington as Toby Determined
- Niki Yang as Candy Chiu
- Additional Voices:
- Pacifica is afraid of her parents.
- Preston is referred to by name for the first time.
- Pacifica's middle name is Elise, either that or Preston was saying Alice in a heavily accented way.
- Dipper and Pacifica have formed a friendship as of this episode. In addition, at certain points either Dipper or Pacifica act vaguely romantic towards each other, suggesting they may have a relationship in a future episode.
- McGucket has repaired the laptop and predicts imminent disaster.
- Bill is somehow involved with the impending doom.
- The Northwest family has been known to be a fraud and do morally wrong decisions, besides the town founder conspiracy.
- Mabel and Pacifica are still on friendly terms after the events of "The Golf War."
- Pacifica also begins to accept Mabel's friends and family, but retains some prejudice towards them.
- According to the summary released by a 2014 CTN Animation Expo attendee, Dipper mentions the events at the Dusk 2 Dawn from "The Inconveniencing." He denies anything "embarrassing" that may have happened there.
- Robbie and Tambry are still dating, and the former seems to have developed a cell phone addiction similar to his new girlfriend.
- Dipper mentions the Northwests lying about founding the town.
- Dipper's form as he is turned into wood is the same form the Shapeshifter took as him while being frozen in "Into the Bunker."
- McGucket kept the eyepiece he picked up from the "Society of the Blind Eye"'s lair, as well as the laptop, now functional.
- A clip of the episode was previewed at the 2014 CTN Animation Expo. One of the attendees there was able to detail what occurred in the clip, claiming:
"Pacifica invites Dipper over to her mansion in order to get rid of a ghost, otherwise the Northwest reputation would be ruined. Even though she 'hates him and doesn't want to be in the same room with him for 2 minutes.'
Dipper is thinking he's all awesome and 'Yeah, I dealt with these ghosts in a convenience store once and anything Mabel told you about that is a dirty lie.'
But then everything starts getting out of control, there are animal heads on the walls that start oozing blood, and Dipper says 'Well, it couldn't get any worse.'
Then the ghost comes out of the fireplace (he’s like a big lumberjack sort of ghost, with fire for a beard and an ax) and they hide, Pacifica is trying to get Dipper to do his 'nerd thing' and get rid of it, but the only tip the Journal has is 'beg for mercy.' The ghost finds them and then the clip ends."
- This is the first episode to be listed with two alternate names.
- This is the first episode to use a shortened version of the theme song.
- Neither Grunkle Stan nor Soos appear in this episode, although Alex Hirsch is credited for voicing both.
Click here to view this page's gallery.