The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
- The magazines in Stan's trunk (e.g., Fully Clothed Women) are a reference to adult magazines such as Playboy.
- In Stan's contraband box is a Tamagotchi and a Street Sharks doll.
- Two songs on Mabel's karaoke machine ("We Built This Township on Rock and Roll" and "Danger Lane to Highway Town") are references to "We Built this City" by Starship and "Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins.
- MC Rapper is a parody of rapper MC Hammer.
- Agent Powers' claim to have no sense of humor is allusion to Men in Black wherein Agent K makes a very similar claim.
- When the Shape Shifter reveals itself, it extends its neck and climbs a wall in the same fashion as the monster in the 1982 film The Thing.
- Using the symbol substitution cipher, one of the journal's pages says "ICE" "ICE" "BABY", which is a reference to a famous hip hop song from 1990, "Ice Ice Baby" by rapper Vanilla Ice.
- Smez is a spoof of Pez candy.
- Just before the Shape Shifter reveals itself, its eyes are shown blinking sideways. This is in reference to the unlicensed cephalopoid from Men in Black (1997) blinking its gills because it was out of breath.
- The title "The Golf War" is a play on words referencing the Gulf War from 1990-91.
- The Lilliputtians are a reference to the Lilliputians, a society of tiny people who inhabit the island of Lilliput (which represents the Kingdom of Great Britain) in Jonathan Swift's satirical novel Gulliver's Travels.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.