- This page is for Lefty, the short. For the robot, see Lefty robot.
The short starts with the typical introduction of Dipper holding up a crude cardboard box title, reading "Dipper's guide to the unexplained #82." He then pans the camera to the subject of suspicion, whom Dipper dubs "This Guy."
Dipper reveals him to always be facing left, along with everyone else never seeing the right side of his face. Dipper pans the camera to Mabel, asking for her theories. Mabel suggests that he is either hiding an embarrassing sunburn, he's half-lizard, half-man, or mockingly, that Dipper is totally insane and "Lefty" is completely normal.
"Lefty," standing behind a counter with bowling shoes, is subjected to three tests by Dipper. Dipper first asks him to get a pair of shoes on his right side, to which he awkwardly bends backward to grab it. Dipper then conspicuously throws his wallet to the right side of "Lefty," so he takes the wallet for him, bending backward. Finally, Dipper asks him to get him his bowling ball. "Lefty" agrees, but Dipper flings him around once he goes for the bowling balls, revealing him to be a robot of some sort, populated by small, little green men.
The small green creatures then cry "The time has come!" in varying levels of despair, and swallow red glowing cubes. One of them, reluctant to do so, says "I can't, I have a family!" which is replied to (angrily) with "You signed the oath!". They burst into flames, and the robot self destructs into a pile of ash, which sets off the smoke alarm. The short ends with Dipper and Mabel running away, as Dipper suggests burning the tape. An odd letter appears in the static, with another cryptogram.
- This anomaly didn't have a title it was simply named, "Gravity Falls anomaly #82."
- Just like the short Tooth this short isn't set in or around the Mystery Shack.
- At the end of the short, yet another section of the hidden page flashes briefly with a cryptogram at the bottom of the page. It reads, "WKHP DOO ZHOFRPH WR JUDYLWB IDOOV." Once decoded, it then reads, "THEM ALL WELCOME TO GRAVITY FALLS."
- The codes made from red numbers translates to "NEAR."
Click here to view this page's gallery.