Kristen Schaal (born January 24, 1978) is an American actress, model, writer, producer, and comedian, best known for her role as Mel in the HBO series Flight of the Conchords, as Louise in Bob's Burgers, as Hazel Wassername in 30 Rock, and as a contributor on The Daily Show. She was also the Anger Management Teacher in The Muppets, Mary Halloran in Glee, Susan in Dinner For Schmucks, she is also known for her voice acting with roles such as Shannon from Despicable Me 2, a recurring role in the Toy Story series as Trixie from Toy Story 3, Jake Jr. in Cartoon Network's popular TV show, Adventure Time. She was also a producer and a writer for the show South Park. She voiced Mabel Pines on Gravity Falls.
Kristen Schaal was born in Longmont, Colorado, to a Lutheran family of a Dutch descent. She was raised on her family's cattle farm, in a rural area near Boulder. Her father is a construction worker and her mother is a secretary. Schaal also has a brother who is three years older. She graduated from Northwestern University, then moved to New York to pursue a comedy career. Five years later, in 2005, she had her first break when she was included in New York Magazine's "The Ten Funniest New Yorkers You've Never Heard."
- Gravity Falls creator Alex Hirsch has commented that "[For the voices] In terms of Mabel, I knew from the get-go that it's got to be Kristen Schaal or there's no show. I would've just stopped working. If we hadn't gotten her, I would have probably quit."
- She cosplayed as Mabel (complete with light-up sweater from the theme song) during the SDCC 2013. The outfit was made by Alex Hirsch's ex-girlfriend, professional costume designer Manzi DeYoung.
- While recording her lines for "Tourist Trapped," she briefly lost her voice from screaming in the booth too much.
- According to Alex Hirsch, some of Mabel's lines in the show are based on what Kristen Schaal would say in the situation.
- Her favorite episode is "Boyz Crazy."
- She said that out of all the characters she has played, Mabel is the closest to who she really is.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|