Welcome to the Gravity Falls Wiki's Image Guidelines.
Please refer to the Gravity Falls Wiki Guidlines for more information.
This page will answer many of your questions pertaining to images on this wikia. If you can not find your answer please ask an administrator.
There isn't a general rule on which format use, but the JPG format is best suited for color images, since it's a web format meant to have a good quality/size ratio, while the PNG format can be used for black and white picture, since it provides high quality and doesn't increase so much the size for gray-scaled images.
When you upload an image on this wikia, please provide the necessary information on the file's page by creating different section, such as:
- Summary: this is an optionally field where provide informations on the image and his meaning or his purpose.
- Source: this information is important and helpful, so specify where the file comes from, for example which Volume/Chapter if a manga picture, which episode if an anime screenshot or which sites if you took it from internet.
- Licensing: please provide the right license for each image.
- Categorization: after you upload a file add the categories by the button at the bottom, creating a section it isn't necessary. If you don't know which category is right for the image, try to look other similar images.
Acceptable and Unacceptable Images?
- Screenshots of a single frame from the show and Panoramic images.
- Animations showing a single event from the show.
- Fanart showing a single symbol used with the consent of the original maker, used where the manga/anime could did not provide a decent enough image.
- File extensions: .JPG, .GIF, .PNG this is standard requirement for the wiki system and many file extension types (such as .BMP) are not uploadable.
- Fanart art of any form - from fan colour images to full character depictions, though there is one exception (see "Acceptable").
- Doctored images of any form.
- Images unrelated to this wikia, we're not an image host, sites like Flickr exist for this purpose.
- Animations showing more then one event.
- Watermarked images, these are claimed by an owner as their property and they may be offended if the image was taken without permission.
- Note: TV, DVD and sub watermarks are excepted from this rule. However, no image taken from Youtube may be used.
- Both porn and nudity.