Welcome to the Gravity Falls Wiki's Image Guidelines section.
Please refer to the Gravity Falls Wiki Guidlines for more information.
There isn't a general rule on which format use, but the JPG format is best suited for color images, since it's a web format meant to have a good quality/size ratio, while the PNG format can be used for black and white picture, since it provides high quality and doesn't increase so much the size for gray-scaled images.
When you upload an image on this wikia, please provide the necessary information on the file's page by creating different section, such as:
- Summary: this is an optionally field where provide informations on the image and his meaning or his purpose.
- Source: this information is important and helpful, so specify where the file comes from, for example which Volume/Chapter if a manga picture, which episode if an anime screenshot or which sites if you took it from internet.
- Licensing: please provide the right license for each image.
- Categorization: after you upload a file add the categories by the button at the bottom, creating a section it isn't necessary. If you don't know which category is right for the image, try to look other similar images.
Acceptable and Unacceptable Images?
- Screenshots of a single frame from the show and Panoramic images.
- Animations showing a single event from the show.
- Fanart showing a single symbol used with the consent of the original maker, used where the manga/anime could did not provide a decent enough image.
- File extensions: .JPG, .GIF, .PNG this is standard requirement for the wiki system and many file extension types (such as .BMP) are not uploadable.
- Fanart art of any form - from fan colour images to full character depictions, though there is one exception (see "Acceptable").
- Doctored images of any form.
- Images unrelated to this wikia, we're not an image host, sites like Flickr exist for this purpose.
- Animations showing more then one event.
- Watermarked images, these are claimed by an owner as their property and they may be offended if the image was taken without permission.
- Note: TV, DVD and sub watermarks are excepted from this rule. However, no image taken from Youtube may be used.
- Both porn and nudity.