Welcome to the Gravity Falls Wiki's Image Guidelines.
Please refer to the Gravity Falls Wiki Guidelines for more information.
This page will answer many of your questions pertaining to images on this wikia. If you can not find your answer please ask an administrator.
We tend to use the png format for images because jpg images tend to be low quality and grainy when resized. Please try to upload images with the png file extension.
When deciding on what to name a screenshot, use the following naming convention: S#e# lowercase description of image goes here.png For images from animated shorts, please the following format: Short# lowercase description of image goes here.png. We like to try to keep this as consistent as possible. For images that are not screenshots, try to name it as appropriately as possible. Do not use nonsensical/non-descriptive names for images.
When you upload an image on this wiki, please provide the necessary information on the file's page by creating different section, such as:
- Summary: this is an optional field where one can provide information on the image and the meaning or purpose for it.
- Source: this information is important and helpful, so specify where the file comes from. For example, the volume/chapter if a manga picture, the episode if an anime screenshot or the sites if you took it from internet.
- Licensing: please provide the right license for each image.
- Categorization: after you upload a file, add the categories by the button at the bottom; creating a section for it isn't necessary. If you don't know which category is right for the image, try to use other similar images as a guide.
Acceptable and unacceptable images
- Screenshots of a single frame from the show and panoramic images.
- Animations showing a single event from the show.
- Fanart showing a single symbol used with the consent of the original maker, used where the show or a press release could not provide a decent enough image.
- File extensions: .JPG, .GIF, .PNG this is standard requirement for the wikia and many file extension types (such as .BMP) are not uploadable.
- Fanart of any form - from fan color images to full character depictions, though there is one exception (see "Acceptable").
- Very low quality images, such as pictures of a TV instead of a screenshot or blurry images in general.
- Doctored images of any form.
- Images unrelated to this wiki. We're not an image hosting site like Flickr, which exists for this purpose.
- Animations showing more then one event.
- Watermarked images, these are claimed by an owner as their property and they may be offended if the image was taken without permission.
- Note: TV, DVD and sub watermarks are excepted from this rule. However, no image taken from Youtube may be used.
- Both porn and nudity.
|V - E - H - DHelp, Rules and Guidelines|
|Basics||User Guidelines | New to the Wiki? | Parent Page | Administrators|
|Guidelines|| Image and Video Guidelines | Article Guidelines | Blog Guidelines|
Achievement Guidelines | Forum Guidelines | Userboxes