A collaborative encyclopedia for everything and anything related to Gravity Falls.
Cipher Hunt was an ARG (alternate reality game) about Gravity Falls created by Alex Hirsch. The goal of the game was to find an actual statue of Bill Cipher, briefly glimpsed in the series finale, by retrieving and decoding clues hidden in various locations around the world. The first ones to the statue received a prize, though the hunt was mainly about the journey and not the destination. It began on July 20, 2016 and finished on August 2, 2016.
|— Wendy Corduroy|
Did You Know...
- ...the word "Piedmont" is on Dipper's duffle bag in the opening credits, which is a reference to where creator Alex Hirsch and his twin sister Ariel Hirsch were born?
- ...the show is based on Alex and Ariel Hirsch's childhood?
- ...Manly Dan, the lumberjack, is Wendy's dad?
- ...Dipper is five minutes younger than Mabel?
- ...Stan is younger than Ford?
- ...'Lil Gideon is on the back of a magazine Dipper is reading in "The Legend of the Gobblewonker"?
- ...some characters, like Dipper and Mabel, only have four fingers, while others, like Stan and Soos, have five?
- ...Bigfoot appears in the woods for a split second in the opening credits?
- ...a sign in the Mystery Shack's kitchen that says Hürzch is a shout-out to creator Alex Hirsch? Or that the television brand Worrel and soda brand Pitt are shout-outs to art director Ian Worrel and director and character designer Joe Pitt?
- ...Alex Hirsch voices Stan, Soos, Old Man McGucket, all of the gnomes, Quentin Trembley, and many others on the show?
- ...towards the end of the theme song there's an image of Bill Cipher?
- ...Alex Hirsch gave Mabel a pig because, as a kid, Ariel always wanted one?
- ...Mabel was originally conceived as having headgear?
- ...Soos is based off of Alex Hirsch's college friend, Jesús Chambrot?
- ...the number 618, a reference to June 18th, Alex and Ariel's birthday, is placed throughout the show?
- ...Dipper and Mabel's middle names are their parents' first names?
- ...Ford's middle name is his father's first name?
- ...Blendin Blandin is in the background of the first three episodes?
- ...the mug that goes into the portal in "Society of the Blind Eye" comes out of a portal in the Adult Swim series, Rick and Morty?
- ...Between Seasons 1 and 2, Alex Hirsch posted a fake leak picture depicting Old Man McGucket as the author of the journals?
- ...the phrase Gideon chants before summoning Bill in "Dreamscaperers," when played backwards, is "Backwards message! Backwards message!"?
- ...Stan was married for six hours before getting a divorce?
- ...Time Baby is the last son of an extinct race of time giants?
Click to get another fortune.
There are 1,684 articles and we are still growing since this wiki was founded on February 10, 2011. The wiki format allows anyone to create or edit any article, so we can all work together to create a comprehensive database for the Gravity Falls franchise. Don't forget to visit this Wiki's guidelines before editing. To write a new article, just enter the title in the box below.
|BEWARB! Spoilers ahead!|
This site contains SPOILERS! Please consult the guidelines for questions you may have regarding our policies.
Chapter 1: Stardust
I was walking through the woods as I usually do to visit my friends Dipper, Mabel, Wendy, and of course, Soos! I always visit, especially after something weird happens. Weird things have actually been happening all week! I keep hearing noises in the bushes around me. I always fee…