"Made Me Realize" is the name of the theme song of Gravity Falls by Brad Breeck. Due to its strong similarities to another song Breeck wrote for MTV's Awkward, it is commonly mistaken for the full version of that song. It also states on Breeck's website that the 2 songs are indeed different music wise, and not related to each other. It is now on iTunes for 99 cents.
A demo reel of music for the show was released in 2011 by Dan Cantrell, who also composed work on The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, with singers chanting the title of the show. Neil Cicierega also made two demos. These were later disposed in favor of Breeck's work. Brad Breeck also had an extended version of the song, which he replaced with the current one.
- See also: List of allusions
- A quick glimpse of what appears to be Bigfoot can be seen about 15 seconds into the opening sequence.
- Towards the end of the song you hear a voice whisper, "I am still here." But play it backwards, you hear, "three letters back." This is how one solves the cryptograms at the end of each episode.
- The cryptogram at the end of the song is "Stan is not what he seems".
- The television version of the song features the whisper and a flashing scene of a journal page of 3. But the animatic version has no whisper and instead of the journal page, a six-fingered hand with the number 3 and astrological symbols all over it appears.
- A huge statue of Paul Bunyan is seen in the beginning which is a reference to the Trees of Mystery's Paul Bunyan statue.
- Just before the end of the video, approximately 35 seconds in, as the pictures are throw down several of the antagonists in the show can be seen, including the gnomes, Lil' Gideon, Blendin Blandin, the Fiji Mermaid, and the Summerween Trickster.
- Underneath and in between the photos of the hand and the jackalopes is another photo of the bottom half of what appears to be Alex Hirsch.
- On international airings of the show, and on SAP, the whisper at the end isn't heard.
- Dipper's bag has a sticker that says Piedmont on it.
- Dipper seems to be inspecting some runes or symbols before he is startled by the skeleton. The symbols look similar like the ones in the game "Mystery Shack Mystery."
- The symbols are (from top to bottom) the Nordic letters for U, M, O and A.
- At the end of the theme, a pyramid figure flashes.
- In the animatic version, Mabel and Dipper arrive on a "Fast Dog" bus. It is changed to "Speedy Beaver" in the final version.
- Many in the Gravity Falls fandom have speculated that Stan is some kind of creature because in the shot where he, Dipper, and Mabel are standing in the giant footprint, lighting flashes and his shadow appears misshapen. This is because Mabel's umbrella is also casting a shadow.
Click here to view this page's gallery.