Dipper's hat is one of the main objects in Gravity Falls and one of the most recognizable objects from the series. It's a Navy Blue and White trucker hat with a blue pine tree on front of it.
Dipper chose the hat at the end of the episode "Tourist Trapped" when Stan Pines gave Dipper and Mabel an opportunity to choose something for free from the Mystery Shack souvenir shop. After losing his original star hat in the battle with the gnomes earlier, Dipper chooses the blue/white pine tree hat.
In some episodes, the hat get's damaged but is always seen fine the next time it appears. In "Land Before Swine," it's revealed that Stan has still more blue and white pine tree trucker hats on his shelf in the souvenir shop.
When Dipper and Mabel are leaving Gravity Falls at the end of the summer in Weirdmageddon 3: Take Back The Falls, Wendy takes the hat and gives her lumberjack hat to Dipper. She decides to keep the pine tree hat to remember him untill he returns next summer.
Dipper's old hat
In Gravity Falls: Journal 3, it's revealed that he considers his old hat as a lucky hat and that he has worn it since 5th grade. He also never washed the hat because Dipper believed that would ruin the luck.
While he fights of the gnomes in Tourist Trapped while fleeing from them in the Golf Cart, he loses the hat. It get grabbed by a gnome who flies of his face after Mabel punced the gnome of Dipper's face.
In Gravity Falls: Lost Legends it's revealed that shmebulock (a gnome) has taken the hat and added it to his collection.
- Intro: "Gravity Falls Main Title Theme"
- Every episode of Season 1
- 2. "Stan's Tattoo"
- 3. "Mailbox"
- 4. "Lefty"
- 5. "Tooth"
- 6. "The Hide-Behind"
- 7. "Mabel's Guide to Dating"
- 8. "Mabel's Guide to Stickers"
- 9. "Mabel's Guide to Fashion"
- 10. "Mabel's Guide to Color"
- 11. "Mabel's Guide to Art"
- 12. "Fixin' It with Soos: Golf Cart"
- 16. "Mabel's Scrapbook: Heist Movie"
- 17. "Mabel's Scrapbook: Petting Zoo"
- Every episode of Season 2
- Every game
- The hat is along Journal 3 one of the most recognizable objects in the series and outside of it.
- The main reason for Dipper to wear the hat (and so is old one) is to hide his birtmark in the shape of the big Dipper where he is ashamed of.
- The hat is for sale on multiple websites and the offical Disney store, altough the offical licensed of Disney, doesn't match the hat from the series as it has a darker shade of blue and has a hairnet at the back instead of a closed back.
- On YouTube channel AwesomenessTV, in the song "I'm Pinterested" sung by Audrey Whitby and Gracie Dzienny, Audrey is wearing the hat through the whole song.
- The hat also makes a appearance in the Disney show The Owl House.